As a young child I remember my grandmother always applying pure coconut oil to my locks and scalp but it didn’t occur to me why she did that or what were the benefits. Pssshhh I thought it was to just make my hair look shiny lol! Sadly as years went on I didn’t carry on applying coconut oil onto my hair as I thought it looked greasy and as I can recall, my hair was much healthier and thicker back then! Pure coconut oil helped my hair be healthy and nourished with the use of its natural essential proteins.
NOW the latest craze out there in the market for hair is the Argan oil. Hmmmm?! Coconut oil helped my hair many years back… can Argan oil do the same?
- Argan Oil is attained from the kernels of the Argan tree which is only found in the Argan forest of South West Morocco.
- For centuries it was a well-kept secret known only to the Berber women in Morocco who use it for skin, hair and nails.
- Argan Oil is notoriously known as the natural anti-ageing cosmetic product.
- It also has been reported to protect against skin cancer as it contains Squalene.
- It is rich in freulic acids, eight essential fatty acids, carotenoids, anti- oxidants, sterols, saponins and polyphones and contains high levels of vitamin E which is crucial for the skin.
- Improves the elasticity of hair.
- Extremely nourishing for the growth of hair.
- It hydrates the hair naturally.
- It stops coarseness/roughness of hair
- Contains natural antioxidants which strengthen the hair by repairing the damaged cellular membrane of hair.
- It restores the smoothness of hair and makes it more manageable.
- Helps brittle and colour treated hair.